Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

home sweet home

Oh how I love to be home. My dad can straight up GRILL some grub and throw Mrs. J's fixin's in there, and you get some mmm mmm good food! Tonight we had grilled shrimp fettucini alfredo. Whoa. I do not think other families eat like we do. I hope I will when I have my own.

My dad and ash and I washed all our cars today. That was funny cause I was in charge of the water sprayer and I kept getting my dad wet and he kept talkin all big like he was gonna do something about it, but mostly I know he just liked us being there. Man, I'm blessed!

I got to visit with my mama jama today. I went by her office and got to see her in action. She is incredible. She's in charge of her whole office and has so much to juggle, but she does it all so good. She's great with people. Whenever I walk in, she always makes me feel important and stops everything else to visit with me. Again, blessed!

I am headed to Charleston tomorrow! Yay! I am going to visit some friends I haven't seen in a long time and I am PUMPED about it. Also, I'll be attending my first ever, teacher conference. Yes, I am old.

I got my fingernails painted yesterday. I love to get my fingernails painted. Not the manacure kind, but just polished. It makes me feel somewhat like a princess... kinda like, the ultimate luxury... I like talking to the, as I was informed they are called yesterday, professional nail technitions. When I am home I go with Mrs. J. to "Creative Nails." There is a man there named Paul. His name isn't really Paul, he vietnamese, but that's what he asks me to call Him, so I do. He always remembers me and the things we talked about last time I was there. I wish my memory was that good. Yesterday we talked about how $20 would last a man in vietnam a month and here in America we don't think a thing about spending a hundred dollars in a day. He told me I should travel more. I agree.

Nothing too profound here, mostly just to say, if you haven't done so in a while, go call your family. You didn't get to pick em, but isn't by chance that they are yours and you are theirs. Invest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love our fam too jess! BLESSED i would agree! and never fret dad and his big and badness we could totally take him!
Love
The lil' sis :*muah(kiss)

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home