Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Friday, October 15, 2004

Stop being nice. Join the Revolution.

It's Friday afternoon. I really like Friday afternoons, because it means the weekend is here and like I said before, weekends are the best! Clemson is buzzing with people and excitement over homecoming and the floats and the football game. It's always amazing to me how many people move into town for a football weekend. It's like they just fly in and parachute down into the town. All of a sudden, they are just HERE. Weird. It's fun going to a big school during times like these, makes me feel like I am a part of something big and great.

Last night at FCA, the speaker talked about "Jesus the Revolutionary." I haven't ever really thought about Jesus as a revolutionary. He talked about how Jesus wasn't just this, nice, moral man, parading around, convincing people to become, nice, moral citizens. Jesus was bold. He had more on his agenda than just making a "nice" world. Jesus saw the reality of the battle that is here all around us. The battle between good and evil, God and Satan, the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. He saw that everything we see is only a mirage. The things we hold onto, the things we prize, beauty, money, pride, self, stuff, is just a painted eggshell, seemingly solid and important, but in reality, hollow and unsubstantial- ready to, at any moment, crush in on us. He challenged the authority of the day. He stood in the middle of the town square and challenged the people to quit their lives, their striving after all the mirages, and with all they have and all their being, to follow Him. NOT because he is "nice" or whatever, but because He is life. Anything apart from Him is death. As the darkness is trying to come in and destroy the light and the good, Jesus says, no. I cannot have this. At all costs, I will do what I must to stop this from happening. He pleads with us to join him. Not for His sake but ours. To see the reality of things and stand up against the darkness, resist the mirage, recognize the hollowness of things and seek truth and fullness and reality. God made the world and everything in it. He looked at it and said it was good. But sin has tainted every little thing. When Jesus spoke out against the rulers of the world, against darkness and evil. Herod, sent out soldiers to hunt Jesus down.. When some of the pharisees told Jesus he needed to leave because he was being hunted down by Herod, Jesus says this, "Go tell that fox 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.. In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day..." I think that would qualify as Bible smack. Jesus is talking smack to the King! Who knew Jesus did stuff like that? I didn't. Lately I have been really wanting to know more about who Jesus is.. his person. Not the theoretical, unapproachable idea of a guy named Jesus, but the real live PERSON. I guess I have been expecting him to show me who he is through, I don't know nature or people or whatever whatever, but he showed me through his Word. It really is powerful, and living, and I don't understand how, but it is.

I am excited to be part of bringing the light. I am glad Chrisitanity and knowing Jesus isn't just about being "good" or "nice." How boring. It's about a revolution. It's about pulling back the veil that satan has placed over the world, to expose the truth. It's about adding more and more to this glory of God's that I cannot understand but that grips me. It's about knowing the person of Jesus and knowing that the same boldness that caused him to live and die and procliam truth and life and light lives in me. I am part of something truely Big and Great. I am part of the revolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home