Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Thursday, October 21, 2004

These are for you...

I like Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I like Jif creamy peanut butter and Smuckers Strawberry jam. There are some areas you can skimp in, you know, buy the store brand, this is not one of them. I don't have any memories of eating PB&J when I was little, which is a bit weird because I think most people do. I don't know if my mama thought it was lazy to make PB&J or if she just didn't like it or what, but we never ate it. I think because we never ate it, I didn't think I liked it. Since coming to college, that has definitely changed. I now eat PB&J a LOT. Probably four to five times a week, and if we're being honest, maybe more. I am not trying to brag, but I can make a killer PB&J sandwich. If you are ever around Clemson family housing, stop by and I will show you my skills.

I like to experiment cooking different recipe's. I signed up to get free recipe emails from Kraft... They come about once a week. Every now and again, they send me one that looks good in the picture and I try it out. Tonight I made ginger carrot soup. Interesting. I probably won't make it again. It looks like baby food. Tastes better, but it's no PB&J!

FCA was great. We had a gospel choir come and lead us in singin... They brought the house DOWN! We sang the song from Sister Act, "Oh happy Day." You know, "Oh happy day, O happy Day, when Jesus washed my sins away." Man, it was GREAT. I was thinkin about it as I was singin and I do believe we will sing gospel music in heaven. It just gets in your soul and dances around and makes you want to also. Kinda like Jesus.

Before this week, I had never gotten flowers before. I mean, people have given me flowers, but I never got the, you know, "Are you Jessica Hunter?", "Why yes..." ,"These are for you!" kind. Well on Tuesday I had just a crummy day. I don't know what was up, maybe the barometric pressure (that's what my dad says about the cause of bad days) but I was just yucky. Anyway, I came home planning to plop down and pity myself, and my neighbor stopped me and said, "Something came for you..." And voila! The most beautiful, wild, fun, and vivid flowers you have ever seen were smiling at me. I am glad God made flowers and gave me eyes to enjoy them and sweet people to send them because it all just makes me praise him. I came in my house and instead of plopping to pity, I plopped to praise. To praise him for daisies and roses and his children who are so in tune with him and so obedient to his leading that they do just the right thing at just the right time to be just the right blessing for just the right person.

Who knew there was such a thing as "RA appreciation Day." Hilarious. Well, Wednesday was that day, and it's kinda funny, because I walked into the activity center and there was a vase with more pretty flowers that had my name on it. My wonderful parents had sent them to me telling me they were proud of me and that they loved me. (The Clemson housing office tipped them off about the RA Day thing...) But wasn't that so nice!? So after never receiving flowers,EVER, I got TWO bouquets in two days. Layne came in my house today and said it looked like somebody had died. I like to think of it more as a Serendipity, the gift of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for... I hope that I am sensitive enough to the fathers leading that I can be a serendipity to someone. What a blessing it has been to see those who have been one to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home