Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sometime God just wollups you upside the noggin!

So after I finished writing my marathon blog yesterday, my little sister, Becca came over. She's 11 and she didn't have anything to do yeseterday, so she called and asked if she could just come hang out. So she did. Becca is the daughter of my mom and stepdad who were divorced when she was seven years old. (That's how old I was when my mom and dad were divorced as well) We can relate on a lot of things and understand each other probably better than anybody else ever could since we've both been through the same exact thing at the same age.

We had a really great time together yesterday. She helped me run errands all around town- returning wedding gifts and getting my knives sharpened (ace hardware will sharpen your knives for $1.50 a piece. It beats buying new knives!) and picking up dry cleaning (kleen care in lexington does men's dress shirts for $0.95 ! As a wife I'm learning cool things like this!) So anyway, we had a great time together and we got to talk a lot. We came back to my house and she said, "wouldn't it be neat if we made Benjamin something for when he comes home?!" (he had gone to Greenville to play golf at the Cliffs with his brothers- rough life!) So I said, why don't we bake him cake, and she said to me, "You can do that?" And I said, "what do you mean?" And she said, "You can bake a cake at your house?! " and I said, "umm, yeah, how do you do it?!" and she said "well, we always just get them at the store, I didn't know you could make them at home!?"

I was blown away. Then I realized what had happened- she lives with her dad- she sees our mom every other weekend, but most of the time they are on the road or out and about- anyway, she had seriously never baked a cake before. It kinda broke my heart a little because little girls should get to bake cakes. They should get to wear aprons that are too big and crack eggs into batter and accidentally get some of the shell in there and have to perform a rescue mission to get it out, and they should get to lick the bowl and the beaters and get the batter on their nose when they do- but she had never gotten to experience any of that because her life was torn in two when she was small...

to make a long story short, it was a day of broken vases and I realized how very precious she was to me and how there is nothing in the world I would trade for her.. God he better than I did what was good for me, and his broken vase was better than any perfect one I could make..

i felt a lot like joseph who told his brothers, "what you intended for harm, God intended for good...."

I serve that same God! Praise Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home