Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The end of the road...

Well.. it was odd.. I left my house in Clemson this morning for the last morning that I will leave it in a morning. It was a little sad. My mama's coming up this afternoon to help me move the last few things out.. then it's back to lexington. Time is a weird thing. It can go really fast or really slow. You can wish it would last forever or hurry and be over... ben franklin says don't squander time, because that's the stuff life's made of... I've enjoyed my time here- I think it's especially emotional to leave my house in family housing remembering all the good times and great talks that were had there. It was a place where the gospel was preached to nations and nights were spent studying and the floors were always dirty, but it was special. It was good and a blessing. There are seasons in this life but my God never changes. And He is good. Life is a vapor. I can't wait til the day when like Peter in "The Chronicles of Narnia," I get to rub my face in the soft mane of the magestic Lion who is not safe but who is good.. I love that picture.

"LORD, make me to know my end
And what is the extent of my days;
Let me know how transient I am.
Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah.
Surely every man walks about as a phantom;
Surely they make an uproar for nothing;
He amasses riches and does not know who will gather them.
And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You. " from psalm 39

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the verses. Congratulations on finishing things up.

One thing that I really miss about Clemson is going to church at Clemson Pres. What do you think you'll miss most?

I am excited to see you at Carrie's wedding!

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks, Laura! I will certainly miss Clemson Pres. I loved that church very much, but I will be attending Lexington Presbyterian Church here at home and the pastor is David Sinclair, who used to be the campus minister for RUF at Clemson. How cool is that? He is just a sound of a teacher as Jimmy and I am excited to sit under his instruction.

I would say that I will miss my friends from family housing the most. It was such a very special situation and time in my life.. I was blessed by the time I spent there. Thanks, for asking. :)

I am looking forward to seeing you too.. kinda funny, I won't be her Maid of Honor... I'll be her Matron of Honor. How crazy is that?! :) There's lots of exciting things going on.. can't wait to see you! Hope you'll be able to make it down for the June 2nd hoorah.. it should be fun!

5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home