Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Friday, June 10, 2005

Update

Well, I am sitting in an office waiting for time to pass, so i thought i'd blog a bit to catch up. My mom's secretary is out, so i'm fillin' in "ERA Wilder Realty, may I help you?" It's been a while and there might not be anybody who still reads this thing, but it's mostly therapy for me anyway, so here's the update.

I'm not Jessica Hunter anymore, I'm Jessica Ryan. This is very weird. It is quite odd to just all of a sudden have a whole new name. I went to change my name on my license and it asked for my name and I wrote Jessica Hunter- that was pretty dumb- that was why I was there, to change it. Crazy. I still have to change a lot of other stuff too, but at the forefront is the signature. I'm tryin to figure out a cool way to write Ryan. A girls signature is very important. Better than a boys anyway, at least you can, most of the time, read it.

So far, it's pretty fun being married and we're getting our house all set up. I am thankful to the Lord for how he's provided. I do think I'll be writing 'thank-you' notes 'til Jesus comes back.

There's big parts of me that miss Clemson. I always heard about how hard it is to leave college because college isn't a real world- it's a bubble- and in Clemson there is a Christian bubble where there is lots of encouragment and teaching and growth- and then you graduate and the bubble bursts. I look forward to getting involved in lexington pres. and growing and learning and everything. If you aren't growing, you're dieing, you know. I am ready to start growing again.

I've been wondering a lot about to what extent the Lord works in us to accomplish what he desires to make of us and then how much of it we contribute to. It concerns me that my view for my life and his view for my life might not line up. He says to delight yourself in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart. I do delight in Him. But lately I have a pretty stinky attitude and I mostly just want to have a joyful heart that is quite and trusts. If you are a believer, please pray that for me. Pray that he would give that fruit of His spirit in me that produces that joy and love and patience and all the rest.

Life is so short and the past few months are a blur. I'm glad people took pictures at our wedding or else I don't think i'd have remembered it. It was a beautiful day and I look back and know that our God was glorified. May he be glorfied a million trillion bazillion times more with our life.

I guess i need to get a new blog if I'm going to continue writing in here, seeing as how my name isn't jessicahunter.blogspot.com. wonder if jessicaryan.blogspot.com is taken?

It's rained everyday for the past two weeks. You'd think the sky would run out of water by now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

yep, we're back in lexington.. Benjamin's working for Farm Bureau and I'll be teaching at White Knoll High School in the fall. It's been good to be back here with both of our families.. thanks for the post Bri!

3:59 PM

 
Blogger erin said...

aw yay jessica ryan:) glad you updated and i definitely understand the stinky attitude latetly as i have had one as well. but man God is good..He is there waiting for us to get our act together and just come back and simply sit in His lap and be with Him. funny how a bad attitude makes you not want to do that. but listen ....now that you are here in town we need to get together..and you know if you ever want to come..i have an amazing group of ladies in a Bible study I am in..they are such encouragment and keep me on my toes...so just know that offer is there. and sometime we need to do lunch or dinner. love ya..and know i am praying for you.

5:04 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

WEDDING PICTURES?!!?!?!!??
I can't believe that the queen of digital photography hasn't posted a wedding pic yet!
Congratulations on the wedding. I hope the weather for your honeymoon wasn't as rainy as it has been here for the past couple of weeks.
You've got to absorb the awesomeness of being married and throw the "stinky attitude" out of the window. God just granted you a huge desire of your heart; a union with your husband. Think about how much your mission territory has expanded and will continue to grow now that you are joined in purpose with another believer!

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks for the info.. about the Bible study Erin, that would be awesome! I've been helping out with a VBS this week and it's made me realize how thirsty I am! I'm really to dig in to the Word and learn! When does it meet?

Sarah, thanks for the post and for keeping up with me! Are you from clemson? Yes, it's Eddie Wilder! Do you know him? My Mom's the broker for the lexington office. And I also know Mark Cagle, he was at Lexington my sophomore and junior years, helping with FCA.. he's an awesome man! I am looking forward to whatever God has for us there!

Hey ED! I miss seeing yall! Sorry no pics yet, it's hard to carry a camera and a bouquet down then aisle, but i'll see what I can scrounge up. about the stinky attitude- I KNOW! GOsh, I'm blessed, and I sure do know it, so i am just kicking myself in the booty for being at all yucky, but it's getting better.. I am starting to get a little more sane and have a little better view of things. Thanks for the encouragement. You are right, it is exciting to see what God has in store for us as a couple. I guess i just keep wanting to see it NOW and i want it to be BIg.. but i keep forgetting that He is God and that I am not and the my life, be it seemingly insignificant in my eyes can be used in huge ways for His kingdom, and His purpose! Any baby news from you and julie?

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Hans Georg Lundahl said...

C S Lewis resources on web

8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home