Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

!!!

I just realized something about myself. Well, here's how it happened...
I have about a bazillion thank-you's to write.. everyone has been so kind and generous and we've gotten a good number of wedding gifts at showers or in the mail... so my frequency of thank-you writings has definately increased over the past few weeks, which has enabled me to note a trend...
I am a exclamation addict. In a thank you note of eight sentances, I am very likely to end seven of them with ... !

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with the exclamation! It's a lovely piece of punctuation. But when you use it at the end of every sentance, it somehow loses it's punch! But it's a struggle between how many to use and when, because I am most appreciative of all the love that has been poured out and I want to emphasize the excitement in my Thank You notes! Who wants to get a note that says,

"thanks for the spoons. they were great. we appreciate them so much. hope to see you soon. "

Now watch what happens when you had a few exclamations..

"Thanks for the spoons! They were great! We appreciate them so much! Hope to see you soon..."

You can tell I really like the spoons. However, when I read over it myself, I think, "whoa, looks like this girl drank too much coffee this morning." I'm like the bug from smilepop.com. (hi! hi! hi!)

haha.. all this to say that if you get a thank you card from me with a bunch of !!!! just know that the more !!!'s the greater my appreciation. :)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home