Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

No glorified jon boats for this girl!

Ok, so it appears my Blog has become nothing more than an online photo album.. my apologies, really... the semester got rollin and whew.. there is NO time for anything, even the blog! Sad. Today is good because I have no plans this afternoon. I am one of those gals who plans an 'event' for every night of the week and then complains about not having enough time to do everything. Oh well, such is life. I guess it's all just a balancing act. Everybody has the same amount of hours in each day, the same amount of minutes.. but we all spend it in different ways... mine lately has been spent with naps because of late night studies... right now, May seems far away. It's coming soon though and I have no idea what I will do. I was talking with Rodney the mail man today about the future and where I'll be when I graduate... there are some options, but nothing is really jumpin out at me. I guess mostly I want to avoid trying to stear my own ship. Sailboats have sails and some have motors. I have been on a sailboat before. Once. It was in a sailboat race. We started out good... I think we were in first place... we were really gettin it.. then, the wind died. We just chilled for a bit, then got fed up and turned on our motor. Once you turn on your motor, you're out of the race, cause you can't use motors in sailboat races. Duh. We still had fun just tootleing around the lake, but we were out of the race and weren't really doing what the boat was made for.. we were moving, but not sailing, it was just like being in a glorified jon boat. Not quite as mystical. Man, I do not want my life to be like that. When there seems to be no wind, I don't want to just turn on my motor simply to be moving. I want to be able to wait, be still and trust that the wind that fills these sails isn't some haphazard, by-chance phenomenon. I want to trust that the wind that fills my sails is purposful, directed, strong but gentle, and good. It's a struggle, because it's fun to be moving and fun to be able to see where you are going... but I guess that doesn't require a lot of faith and what's faith if you don't ever excercise it...
Speaking of excercise, I need to... I have tennis class two days a week, so that provides some physical activity, but all the late night pizza eatin and afternoon ice creams are startin to catch up!
Deaf Awareness night is this friday, October 8 at 7:00 in Lee hall auditorium. A good time is sure to be had by all... if you ever wondered about sign language or deaf people, you should come check it out.. we'll have a good speaker (signer, but voice interpretters will be provided) and door prizes and I'm even making those lil pig-in-the blanket things...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes Ladies and Gents, a girl who knows what a Jon Boat is....

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home