Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Standing

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Mrs. Lula had her surgery yesterday. They took out two lumps and discovered the cancer is in her lymphatic system, meaning she will have to undergo radiation as well as Chemotherapy. I was so disappointed in the news.

I know that the Lord is in control and His will is perfect... I praise Him for His promises and that I can know and trust them. But he doesn't promise to heal our sickness, he doesn't promise to free us from pain. Just because you're a believer doesn't exempt you from the hurt in this world. Oftentimes I hear that lie preached.. that if only you believe in Jesus, he'll take away all your hurt and you won't suffer any more.. you'll always be happy and smiley. This is a lie. Jesus says, in this world you WILL have trouble, but then he tells us to TAKE HEART because he has overcome the world.

I feel like I can't say with full confidence, "She's going to be OK" Because that isn't promised to me. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true and I don't want to stand on something false just to make myself feel better because eventually it will be exposed for the falsity that it is and I will be left standing on crumbles. I want something more solid. I want to cling to what I know is true... we have hope in Jesus, yes, but what does that mean?.. he promises to give us life that is abundant, and she has certainly had that.. he promises too, that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and she does... he promises to finish the work he began in us, but he doesn't tell us when that finishing will be.. he promises to sustain us... he promises that our salvation is secure... he promises to forever live and plead for us.. he promises never to leave or forsake us... since life is a vapor, we can take heart in eternity, but it doesn't make the pain during the vapor any less real. One day the sun will set on this world of suffering only to rise again on a world where there is no sadness or hurt, none of the effects of the ruler of this age and his destruction... a place where we will look fully into the wonderful face of our Redeemer and because of what he's done, abide with Him there. Praise the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home