Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

And another thing...

I didn't choose to be born in America. I could have just as easily been born in India. Into a buddist family. I had no say-so where I would spend this life or what circustances would surround my existance. Not my choice. How then can we reason that where we spend eternity (especially in light of the fact that we don't control where and therefore who we are on earth) has anything to do with a decision on our part. Read Romans 9. How could we think that "finding God," "accepting grace," "Inviting Jesus into our heart" are in actuality, real actions that we do? There's some things about me I can't take any credit for. I speak English and have curly hair. I cannot reject either of these qualities. I can speak a different language or straighten my hair, but the fact is, I am the way I am. These are integral parts of the whole of me, but just because that is true doesn't mean I can take any credit for them. Ephesians 2:8-10 Even the good that we do, God prepared in advance for us to do. I don't get it, but I know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home