Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Monday, April 04, 2005

"But I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly..."

Satan does everything he can to try and steal our joy. The WORD calls him a theif and tells us that he comes to steal, kill, and destroy. (John 10:10) I hate him. He has no place in creation. I hate that he has any power at all. I am thankful that I know Jesus and Jesus has victory over him! Nasty little thing.

We found out this past week while I was home on spring break, that Benjamin's precious mama, Mrs. Lula, has breast cancer. She will have surgery on Wednesday to have the spot removed. We are praying that it is contained in one area and that it has not spread to the lymph nodes. Please join with us as we battle this attempt on Satan's part to dampen a most remarkable spirit. He has no power over her or any one of us who have the blood of Jesus covering over us. We continue to cling to the hope that is set before us in the finished work of Christ on the cross. Praise Him for he alone is good.

I have been blessed to never, up to this point in my life, have had to face death or disease in myself or any of my family members. I still have all four of my grandparents as well as my two step grandparents and no one in my family or very close to me has ever faced disease. When I heard about this, I had a hard time, not because I didn't trust the Lord, but because, being a biology teacher, I know what lies ahead of her because I know what cancer does and what you have to do to fight it. When I spoke with her about it... she was incredible. She just put her little hands out and said, "It's for my good! How can I be sad or upset or anything, if I know it is for my good?!" To see her confidence in the promises found in the Word, is very amazing to me. I wish everybody had a chance to know her. What a model she is of a woman who has lived her life seeking to be like Jesus. I find myself praying, "Lord, help me to be like Mrs. Lula..." and then I realize that it is the Jesus in her that makes her who she is.. it is the Jesus she is striving and living and being for... it is her focus, her love and passion for the Lord that I long to emulate... she points me to Him and that is the good stuff!

I love to think on Colossians 1:26-27.. how it is Christ in us. We know the secret. Christlikeness is not produced by imitation, but my inhabitation.

-A week after we got engaged, Christa, who is Benjamin's sister, and her husband Jason had their four wheeler stolen from their house.They realized what was happening only to open the door and watch a truck drive away with their four heeler in the back.
-Mrs. Lula was diagnosed with breast cancer
-My house is completely messed up. They're working on it, but it is still a disaster area.

Steal Kill and Destroy

Satan doesn't mess with something that isn't a threat to Him. Why would he waste his time? I praise the Lord for suffering and trials because I know that it means Satan sees he's threatened and he's retaliating. It makes me excited because I know the Lord is faithful to complete this work he has started in mine and Benjamin's life idividually and collectively. If Satan is attacking, and I know Jesus has victory over him, how can I not be excited about what is to come... bring it on!

1 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

"The sun will no more be your light by day,nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light,and your God will be your glory.Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more;the LORD will be your everlasting light,and your days of sorrow will end.Then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation.
I am the LORD ; in its time I will do this swiftly." Isaiah 60:19-22

Isn't that an amazing promise that makes your heart just leap out of your chest as you think about what God in store for us? This is a great passage because it is preceded by so many trials caused by the people themselves. But whether or not we cause it, there is hurt in life, Satan is sneaky..you're right. But our Maker will overcome today and always! He is our light and our glory! Know that Benjamin and his family (which includes you now:)) are in my prayers.

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home