Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Friday, September 24, 2004

Betty Crocker

Well, it's late and I am waiting on some cookies to bake, so I figured I'd blog a bit to stay awake! Layne and I are headed north this weekend... up to Wythville, I think that's how you spell it.. but it is said With-ville. So, we are going to be "withit in wythville this weekend." Oh yes, we are excited. I love Layne. She is a great friend. We have so much fun together. She makes me laugh hysterically every time I am with her and she is real. She is honest and beautiful and she is so smart. I love how God brings his people together. He has taught me and blessed me so much through our friendship. I don't know what I would do without her!

It's been one of those weeks that you start by looking at it thinking, "wow, how on earth is everything going to fit in...." and then you look back at it and think "wow, where did the time go?" It just kinda zoomed by me. I think I was there, but I can't really remember..

Here's a few snip-its from some of my fav. tunes:

"She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses, in no simple language... "

"sittin on the porch drinkin ice cold cherry... COKE.."

"hey baby, is that you.. wow, your hair got so long, yeah, yeah, I love it i really do.."

"and I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter and I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin, and he said someday I hope you get the chance, to live like you were dyin.."

"Under the board walk, out of the sun, under the board walk we'll be having some fun, under the board walk, board walk..."

"Before the throne of God above, I have a strong and perfect plea, a great high priest whose name is love, who ever lives and pleads for me.. my name is graven on his hands, my name is written on his heart, I know that while in heaven he stands, no tongue can bid me thence depart..."

"the promise of you.. sleeps in the air.. the air that I breathe... and I know that it's true... don't have to convince myself to believe..."

"there's a big ole hole, goes right through the sole.. of this old shoe... and the water on the ground ain't got no place else it's found.. so it's only got one thing left to do... "

"He thinks I'm pretty, he thinks I'm smart, likes my nerve and he loves my heart.. he's always saying he's my biggest fan.. my baby loves me just the way that I am.."

"she's a good girl, loves her mama, loves Jesus and America too.."

"more than fine, more than bent on getting by...I want more than just ok"

"take, these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free..."

"When you feel there’s nowhere...Left for you to turn...Well, I got all you want, and everything you need...Come on back to me..."

"Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand...just find a place to make your stand and take it easy..."

"Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true..."

"Are ya ache-in... yep yep yep.. for some bacon yep yep yep..."

"I want to be beautiful, make you stand in awe, look inside my heart and be amazed..."

"Skidamarinki dinky dink dkidamarinki dooo... I loveee yooooo..."

"Goodnight you moonlight ladies....Rockabye sweet baby james.....Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won’t you let me go down in my dreams....and rockabye sweet baby james..."

"We are the Pirates who don't do anything, we just stay at home, and lie around.. and if you ask us to do anything, we'll just tell you... we don't do anything..."

"I got sunshine, on a cloudy day... when it's cold outside, I got the month of may.. I guess, you say, what can make me feel this way.. my girl..my girl.. talking 'bout my girl.. "

Cookies are done! :) Yummy in my tummy!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home