Obe La Di Obe La Da Life goes on... on.. la la la la life goes on...

Thursday, January 27, 2005

reading the Bible is like listening to music

I really like music. I like new music, well, new, good music. Sometimes when I get a cd that I think I'll like, I pop it in the player and don't- like it that is. I leave it in the cd player for a week or two and come to find out, I dig it. Funny how that happens. It's like, at first it's ok, and then when I learn the words and think about what it's saying, I love singing along to it.

I like to go to concerts. I enjoy all music and all concerts, but there's nothing like going to a concert where you know every single song and you just get to jam right along with the artist the whole time. It unites people. You can have all sorts of people from all walks of life at a concert of somebody they know and love and it's like, for a short time, everybody's family. There's a mutual respect, an understanding. It's cool that music can do that. It's like a thread that runs right through your soul and ties you to other people.

Yesterday I was reading in Life as a Vapor (a most wonderful devotion book, and if you haven't gotten it yet, you should. No joke) and basically the whole thing was just scripture. So I was looking it up and some of it I knew and some of it I didn't, but I kinda read the parts around the scripture it pointed me to and could find something I knew. I realized when I did, it made my heart go, "mmm." I could say the words in my head and heart before I even read them on the page. Then I got to the part I didn't know and it made me excited to learn it and it sounded good. Just like being at a great concert. Sometimes when I go to a concert of somebody I really love to listen to, they'll sing a song I don't know.. and it's funny how intently I'll listen and try to learn it, cause I know their other stuff is so good. I like it that scripture is the same way...

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Nigma said...

I've always thought of music like love. Created in the mind, nurtured through soul, and inspired by the heart. I suppose that it's like learning the truth.

4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home